6425 Lakeaires Drive, Cumming, GA 30040
404-545-4785 Home: 770-889-5986
Senior Executive experienced in product management, product development, business development, strategic planning, budgeting, mergers/acquisitions and resource management who is an energized contributor to structural development poising companies for strategic growth.
Influential in design and development of advanced video products using high-end graphics processors with OpenGL. Products based on Microsoft or Linux operating systems with stereo quality sound and developed in OOP language (C++ or Java).
· Extremely well versed in Intellectual Property Protection from conceptualization of the idea to processing patents through USPTO with patents issued and filed.
· Designed and developed amusement game named “High Striker”. This product is an electronic strength carnival game with a 30-foot tower of strobe and carnival lights.
· One of four inventors involved in the design, development, and introduction of Bally Gaming’s CashCage™ system. The CashCage system is a revolutionary electro-mechanical currency payment device. Revenues of up to $12 million per year. Labor savings device for end user.
· In-depth understanding of real time systems using real time executives for slot machines, poker games, and amusement games.
· Proven ability to put together strong technical teams for product development in a fast paced technical world.
· Strong product and project management skills with the ability to manage many projects remote and in parallel.
· Adept at creating product solutions for markets from scratch to implementation. Most recent product SafeCash™ went from design to $8.3MM annual sales in less than 6 months with a follow on product redesign that went to $13MM annual sales.
Results oriented leader adept at identifying problems, defining solutions and implementing process and procedures. Quite skilled in motivating employees, with excellent communication skills, and negotiation of business transactions.
Milwaukee School of Engineering
May, 1987 BS Computer Engineering
· Senior design project consisted of a two person team in the design of a digital equalizer and spectrum analyzer.
May, 1995 MBA
· Emphasis in finance and organizational management.
| Alpharetta, GA
VP, Product Development | North American Gaming January 2008 – Present
Reporting to the President of North American Gaming this position is responsible for the Class 3 Video Gaming Machine technology roadmap, along with its cost reduction program, the international business development technology roadmap, the redemption terminal application roadmap, and the future video gaming system business roadmap. This position works with the corporate teams in M&A and other cross-functional groups responsible for many areas of business within Scientific Games.
Prior department head for AEGIS Video Central Monitoring and Control System. Responsible for 30 staff who design, QC, install, maintain, and support the AEGIS Video product which is connected to more than 95K video lottery terminals in 10 markets. Grew platform from an 8 market 65K machine connection to the current 10 market at over 95K connections today.
| Reno, NV
Director, 3rd Party Development and Strategic Alliances June 2003 – January 2008
Responsible for group of 6+ 3rd party development organizations, strategic alliances and a team of 18 developers creating game content for CII and CIII markets.
| Las Vegas, NV
President/CEO March 2003 – November 2003
Independent consulting organization with expertise in software and electrical design, primarily for the gaming-manufacturing sector. ESI specializes in high-level software design and development as well as project and product management consulting.
Innovative Gaming Corporation of America (IGCA)
| Las Vegas, NV
Sr. Vice President, Engineering March 2001 – March 2003
Senior level manager of all engineering resource personnel. Staff of 12+ technicians, engineers, and managers, who develop, test, and release video slot machines and multiplayer video machines. In charge of resource scheduling, monitoring, and adherence to functional specifications. Responsible for staffing, budgeting, scheduling, monitoring, performance reviews, and development of processes and procedures for the engineering department.
Two main families of products include, Video Platform which is a PC based Linux/Java machine that runs video gaming machines and the Multiplayer Platform which is a PC based Linux/Java machine that runs video table games such as Black Jack and Roulette.
Responsible for all aspects of product development. Resource management of virtual software development team located in Las Vegas, Reno, California, Arizona, Colorado, Wisconsin, and Holland.
Progressive Gaming International, Corp. (PGIC)
| Las Vegas, NV
Director or Engineering for Gaming Products, Slot and Table Games March 2000 – April 2001
Senior level manager of all engineering resource personnel. Staff of 20+ technicians, engineers, and managers, who develop merchandising visual display, game, and table products. In charge of resource scheduling, monitoring, and adherence to functional specifications. Responsible for staffing, budgeting, scheduling, monitoring, performance reviews, and development of processes and procedures for the engineering department.
In charge of three functional development groups – Gaming Machines, Table Games, and Merchandising Visual Display Products.
Responsible for all aspects of product development for the above three product families. Involved in intradepartmental communications through cross-functional deployment teams with engineering resource sharing through multiple sites (Florida, Australia, and Holland).
Bally Gaming and Systems International
| Las Vegas, NV
Vice President, Engineering September 1989 – March 2000
Senior level manager of all engineering resource personnel. Staff of 85+ technicians, engineers, managers, and directors who develop gaming machines. In charge of resource scheduling, monitoring, and adherence to functional specifications. Responsible for staffing, budgeting, scheduling, monitoring, performance reviews, and development of processes and procedures for the engineering department.
Accountable for product development life cycle starting from functional requirements through testing and product launch.
Responsible for internal departmental Intranet which is HTML based.
Introduced the product support group within engineering to handle incoming requests for information, problem notifications, and change requests to not only boost the customer relations but to alleviate the interruptions to the development staffs.
Involved in intradepartmental communications through steering committees, joint ventures, and other cross-functional deployment teams.
· Mergers and Acquisitions, Product Management, Project Management, Resource Management, Budgets, Financial Management, Resource Management, Contracts/Negotiation, Product Management, Program Management, Software Development, Technical Writing, Contract/Resource Management, International Resource Management, Software Development Management, Virtual Design Team